Where Do We Deliver?
UK mainland, Scottish Highlands, Scottish Offshore Islands, Northern Ireland, Isle of Wight, Scilly Islands – Prices on our website are exclusive of UK delivery. Delivery choices / costs will be shown upon checkout. All packages are shipped by Royal Mail.
Isle of Man, Channel Islands, BFPO or PO box addresses, and International delivery - We regret we are unable to deliver to these locations.
How Quickly Can We Deliver?
Deliveries are made by our trusted carrier Royal Mail. We offer both 24 hour and 48 hour shipping methods.
Can We Deliver On a Specific Date?
We ship orders normally same day they are placed. If you require an item to be delivered on a specific date, please contact us with your order details and we'll be more than happy to accommodate.
Can We Deliver On a Saturday or Sunday?
Royal Mail deliver 6 days a week which includes Saturday providing you select the Royal Mail Tracked 24 option if ordering on a friday. Unfortunately our carrier does not deliver on Sunday.
What Happens If The Recipient Is Out?
Ideally, you should ensure you are delivering to an address on a date that someone is available to receive and sign for the gift. Should the recipient be out when our courier attempts delivery and no one is available to accept delivery, they post a card through the letterbox, or send a text to the provided mobile number, advising the recipient that they have attempted delivery and inviting them to telephone our courier to arrange either:
A collection from the nearest depot, which is available the working day after the card was left
Re-delivery to the original address during normal working hours
If they do not hear anything, they will attempt delivery a second time the next day. Beyond that, it will be held in the depot for 5 days awaiting a response.
Any parcels not delivered or collected within five working days will be automatically returned to The Pigeon Hut. A charge for redelivery will be required for re-delivery. A charge will also be made for replacement of any items which have become unsuitable for sale and need replacing (short shelf live produce). Our guarantee is limited to delivering to the building, not individual recipients.
Any deliveries containing alcohol must be signed for by someone over the age of 18, Our courier will ask for proof of identity upon delivery.
What Happens If the Parcel Is Lost or Damaged?
In the unlikely event of damage or loss in transit, we will replace the damaged contents or gift immediately free of charge providing the following:
- The goods are signed for upon receipt as damaged or have been refused because of obvious damage
- The courier and ourselves are informed at once and it is confirmed by the recipient to us in writing within a reasonable time of delivery quoting reference number on the parcel and within 7 days.
- Damaged goods must be retained for inspection and it may be required that they are returned to us at our expense before replacement or refund.
- All claims must be submitted within a reasonable time. Royal Mail recommends a maximum of fourteen days.
- Returned goods must clearly show the full name, address and telephone number of the sender.
- We cannot accept responsibility for the wrong order or non-delivery, resulting from incorrect information or addresses being provided.